Wood-Mar Hall
Wood-Mar Hall is home to engineering laboratories and classrooms, engineering department offices, and a 270-seat auditorium that serves as the primary venue for the university's theatre productions.



Wood-Mar Hall Then

Construction of Wood-Mar Hall started in 1910 and was completed in 1911. The building is named for two women, Amanda Woodward and Evangeline Martin, who raised more than $30,000 by canvassing the Newberg countryside in horse and buggy to fund its construction.


Wood-Mar Hall Now

The 36,000-square-foot Edwards-Holman Science Center (right) was completed in 1994. Its wraparound structure reinforced Wood-Mar Hall, which was gutted and rebuilt, saving the historic building from being demolished.