Music Mission Statement
The mission of the Music program is to develop a Christ-centered curriculum that provides students with the knowledge and experience necessary to follow their individual musical vocations and minister in their communities. We will encourage our graduates to seek excellence as lifelong learners.Our goals are to:
- Teach students to prepare and present artistic musical performances in a variety of musical styles.
- Educate students in the theory, history, creation and execution of musical communication.
- Prepare students for ministry in professional and amateur musical vocations.
- Prepare students to teach music in public and private settings.
- Work both individually and cooperatively to develop and execute musical communications.
- Understand artistic traditions and their influence on contemporary expression.
- Present music in ways appropriate to their audiences and verbally explain their communication.
- Work in community as teachers, learners, creators and performers to seek musical excellence.