HESI Admission Assessment Exam (A2)
- Each applicant must complete this mandatory entrance examination
- The HESI A2 consists of questions pertaining to: Anatomy and Physiology, Chemistry, Math, Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Critical Thinking, and questions to determine Learning and Personality Styles.
- Test can only be taken once for this application period. There are no retakes.
- Deadline to take the this exam is April 1, 2017 for all applicants
The HESI Admission Assessment Exam will be offered at George Fox University as listed belows. Non-George Fox students are welcome to take the exam at George Fox Univeristy.
- March 18, 2017 9:00am - 12:30pm
- March 21, 2017 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- March 23, 2017 5:30pm - 9:00 pm
Applicants out of the Newberg area will take the exam at a Prometric Testing Center. Each applicant can find a center location and register for an exam on the Prometric website. Follow these instructions to establish a student account with Evolve and to register for the HESI A2 at a Prometric Testing Center. HESI A2 Distance Testing Instructions
- Between January 13, 2017 and March 22, 2017 applicant can sign up to take the exam.
- Between January 30, 2017 and April 1, 2017 the exam can be taken.
One originally written essay must be submitted within the nursing application. In your essay (300 words maximum) answer the following two questions:
1) Why do you want to pursue nursing as a profession?
2) Why are you choosing George Fox University for your nursing education?
Recommendation & Appraisal Form
Two Recommendation and Appraisal forms are to be submitted. (Online form will be available after January 20, 2017)
1. One from a university professor (preferably science).
2. One from someone who knows the applicant's interest in the nursing profession.
All forms can be submitted directly to the nursing department or can be included with the application (address provided on the form).
Applicant will be notified by email when a form has been received by the department, provided the applicant email address is on the form or the applicant is a current George Fox University student.