Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS)
- Each applicant must complete this mandatory entrance examination
- The TEAS exam was developed by Assessment Technologies Institute (ATI), and includes four parts: Reading Comprehension, English Language Usage, Science and Math (based on 10th-12th grade level).
- Deadline to submit test scores is May 20, 2014 for priority admission students
- Deadline to submit test scores is June 26, 2014 for George Fox University pre-nursing students and all transfer students.
- Scores needed to be considered for admission to the nursing program are those scores that are in the Proficient (Cut Score 58.7%), Advanced (Cut Score 78.0%) , or Exemplary (Cut Score 90.7%) levels.
- TEAS exams submitted must be first time results.
There is one test site:
You can register online to take TEAS V test at George Fox University, Newberg, OR Test dates on April 8th, May 5th, and May 15th are FULL.
- Test sight location on campus (Newberg, OR) - MLRC (Library) Computer Lab (Room 013)
- Cost: $60.00 EXACT cash or check made payable to GFU Dept of Nursing. Payment can be made in the nursing office (HVR 215) any time before and no later than the time of the test.
- Exam results will automatically be provided to the Department of Nursing.
- On date of test photo ID is required.
Distant applicants need to call ATI at 800-667-7531 to find a local testing center. ATI test scores must be within a year of application and first time results.
One originally written essay must be submitted with the nursing application. In your essay (300 words maximum) answer the following two questions:
1) Why do you want to pursue nursing as a profession?
2) Why are you choosing George Fox University for your nursing education?
Format: 1" margins, double space, 12 font - Times Roman
Recommendation & Appraisal Form
Two Recommendation and Appraisal forms are to be submitted.
1. One from a university professor (preferably science).
2. One from someone who knows the applicant's interest in the nursing profession.
All forms are to be mailed directly to the nursing department (address provided on the form).
Applicant will be notified by email when a form has been received by the department.