Sociology is the study of social life, social change, and the social causes and consequences of human behavior
Sociologists investigate the structure of groups, organizations, and societies, and how people interact within these context
At George Fox University, our students gain a broad liberal arts education. The Sociology major specifically prepares and equips students to:
- analyze human relationships from a sociological perspective
- develop the theoretical, technical, and statistical skills necessary for asking and answering sociological questions
- enhance awareness of relationships between personal events and the structure of societies
- prepare students for admission into graduate programs
- complete a research project with guidance from the professor; students may also choose to complete a field internship
Prospective students can get info about our sociology major on our undergraduate admissions site.
For questions about the sociology department, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.