Program Admission Procedures
Admission to the Social Work Program
- All students interested in social work as a major must complete a formal application to the social work program. Students should submit their application their sophomore year by the appropriate deadline
- Early Application Deadline is Nov 4, 2016
- Late Application Deadline is Jan 30, 2017
- Transfer Student Application Deadline is May 1, 2017
- The social work major requires a minimum of five semesters
- The social work faculty is ready to assist students in considering social work as their major
Every student must meet the following minimum criteria to apply to the social work program:
- Live in compliance with the university expectations and responsibilities (found in the university student handbook).
- Have an overall GPA of at least 2.5 or above.
- Complete the following prerequisite courses: Principles of Sociology, General Psychology, and Introduction to Social Welfare. The GPA for these three courses must be at least 3.0 with a minimum of a 'C' grade.
- Complete a written program application, including the following:
- Two recommendations (one academic, one professional/volunteer related)
- A copy of your professional resume
- A copy of your unofficial transcript of all coursework completed
- Personal Narrative
- Complete an interview with BSW Program faculty.
Transfer students are advised to call or email the social work office at 503-554-2740 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Download applications: Social Work Application, Student Field Application