Program Admission Procedures
Admission to the Social Work Program
- Students must complete formal application to the program by Jan. 30 of their sophomore year
- The social work major requires a minimum of five semesters
- The social work faculty is ready to assist students in considering social work as their major
Every student must meet the following minimum criteria to apply to the social work program:
- Live in compliance with the university expectations and responsibilities (found in the university student handbook).
- Have an overall GPA of at least 2.5 or above.
- Complete the following prerequisite courses: Principles of Sociology, General Psychology, and Introduction to Social Welfare. The GPA for these three courses must be at least 3.0 with a minimum of a 'C' grade.
Transfer students are advised to call or email the social work office at 503-554-2740 or email@example.com
Download applications: Social Work Application, Application to Field Practicum