- Prepare entry-level generalist social workers for positions in public and private social service agencies
- Provide curriculum within the larger context of a faith-based liberal arts curriculum
- Degree Offered: Bachelor of Social Work (BSW); the program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- Internships: Students complete supervised internships in area agencies. We also offer international internships in Spain and South Africa. International placements are competitive and require acceptance into the Global Studies program. Field practicum
- Employment: Upon graduation, a variety of positions are available working with diverse populations (see careers). Our BSW graduates have been successful at securing employment after graduation.
- Licensing: BSW graduates may apply for licensing with the Oregon Board of Social Work and be granted the Registered Bachelors in Social Work designation (RBSW).
- Graduate School: Graduates wishing to further their education can pursue a Masters in Social Work (MSW) degree at George Fox University or other schools. The accreditation held by George Fox's BSW program enables graduates to apply for advanced standing in many MSW programs, including at George Fox, allowing a masters to be completed in as little as 10 months.
- Program Motto: "Scholarship and Service"
Prospective students can get information about our social work major on our undergraduate admissions site. If you have questions about the social work program, please email email@example.com.