FutureChurch Think Tank Advance
Semiotics and Future Studies/Leadership in the Emerging Culture, Doctor of Ministry third-year students and graduates, mark your calendars!
George Fox Seminary and the Doctor of Ministry program invite you to join other SFS/LEC dissertation students and graduates for an Advance with Len Sweet in March 2017!
- Date: Sunday, 4:30 p.m. – 12:30 p.m., Tuesday, March 12-14, 2017
- Location: The Salish-Seaside Escapes on Orcas Island
- Who: Alumni and ABD students and their spouses, only
- Participation Limited: The advance will be limited to a maximum of 15 alumni and their spouses. First-come, first-served! Register early to secure your spot.
- Topic: Up to you! Come prepared with something YOU would like to process with Len and others.
- Fee: $700; $1,000 per couple for those bringing a spouse; $1,200 for couples with one child.
- Deadline: Feb. 1, 2017
- The Advance with Len Sweet
- Lodging at The Salish-Seaside Escapes Sunday and Monday nights
- Six meals: Dinner on Sunday, breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Monday, and breakfast and lunch Tuesday
Lodging is provided as part of the fee. Participants will be housed at one of The Salish-Seaside Escapes cottages on a first-come-first-served basis. Once filled, rooming will overflow to the Smuggler's Villa Resort or to Kangaroo House, just down the street.
When you register for the FCTT Advance, the DMin program will provide the guest list with the Salish-Seaside Escapes cottages, who will make individual rooming arrangements. If you have rooming questions, contact the Salish-Seaside Escapes cottages directly at 1-866-743-3738.
We intend to continue an ongoing tradition of offering an annual FutureChurch Think Tank Advance to SFS/LEC DMin graduates and third-year students. Our objectives:
- pursue further reflection, conversation, and connection with Len Sweet on topics relating to Jesus, church, culture, semiotics, and the future
- reconnect with peers from your cohort
- forge new relationships with like-minded SFS/LEC DMin graduates and 3rd year students from other cohorts
Facebook FutureChurch Think Tank group
We have set up a private Facebook group exclusively for SFS/LEC DMin graduates and third-year students.
- To join, see facebook.com/groups/futurechurchthinktank/
To stay up-to-date with events and news from Portland Seminary, please become a fan on Facebook and/or follow us on Twitter.
Follow Len Sweet on Twitter:
To register for the event, contact Heather Rainey at:
RSVP for the FCTT Advance on Facebook.
If you intend to come and would like to let others know as well as coordinate with other SFS/LEC DMin grads and ABD students, post your messages in the FutureChurch Think Tank facebook group.
To pay by check, send Heather Rainey a check made out to "George Fox Evangelical Seminary"
12753 SW 68th Ave.
Portland, OR 97223
To pay by credit card, go to this link.
We hope to see you at Orcas in March!Loren Kerns