Honored Alumni Awards
The George Fox University Alumni Association annually presents three Honored Alumni Awards to alumni who have distinguished themselves after graduating from the university. A description of each award and the specific criteria for each are listed below.
Nominees will have distinguished themselves with a lifetime of outstanding achievement in all areas of their life academically, professionally, in community service, and by demonstrating outstanding personal achievement. Nominees must be graduates from at least 25 years ago.
Nominees will have distinguished themselves academically, professionally, in community service or by demonstrating outstanding personal achievement. Nominees must be traditional graduates from at least 10 years ago or nontraditional graduates from at least five years ago.
CHRISTIAN SERVICE AWARD
Nominees will have demonstrated faithful service to the Lord in full-time vocational ministry in the local church, in a parachurch organization, or on the mission field. Nominees must be graduates of at least 10 years.
Nomination Criteria & Process
- All nominees must be graduates from a George Fox University program. This includes those graduates from the former Western Evangelical Seminary, George Fox College and Pacific College.
- All nominees should reflect the ideals of George Fox University in their commitment to their profession, church, community and university.
- All nominees should have demonstrated support for and sympathy with the mission, goals and purpose of George Fox University.
- All nominees will be asked to submit biographical information for review by the Alumni Board. If no information is provided by the nominee, the nomination will be removed from consideration.
- Nominations will be solicited annually through publications of the George Fox University and the Alumni Association.
- Nominations can be made by anyone, whether an alumnus of George Fox University or not, with the final selection made by the Alumni Association Board of Directors.
- Nominations must indicate the particular award that an alumnus is being nominated for.
- Previous award recipients are eligible for other awards for which they meet the criteria. Recipients cannot recieve the same award twice.
- Alumni who have been preivously nominated but were not selected to receive an Honored Alumni Award may be nominated again at any time.
- Nominations for the Heritage Award, Seminary Alumnus/a of the Year Award and Outstanding Alumnus/a Award or Christian Service Award will remain valid for a period of three years. If the nominee has not been selected after three years, Alumni Relations will provide the nominee with an opportunity to update their biographic materials. If the nominee does provide an update, the nomination will remain in consideration for an additional three years. If at the end of this second period, the nominee still has not been selected to receive the award, their nomination will be removed from consideration.
- Nominations for the Outstanding Recent Alumnus/a Award will remain valid until 10 years have passed since the nominee graduated. To remain in consideration, nominees must provide updates to their biographical materials every three years. If a nominee fails to provide an update, their nomination is removed from consideration. Outstanding Recent Alumnus nominations do not become nominations for the Outstanding Alumnus Award at the end of the 10-year period.