This is a good question and one that you are right to ask. In fact, we've been asked this question a lot. Fortunately, there are many really good reasons why you should participate in the Senior Challenge. Here are a few:
1. Because you can impact the areas of George Fox that you are most passionate about. What are you passionate about at George Fox? It might be your major, and the wonderful professors that teach, guide, and mentor you both in and out of the classroom. It may be a co-curriular activity such as theatre, music, or athletics. Perhaps it is the spiritual formation you received and the opportunities you've had to give back through Serve Day or May Serve. Whatever it is, the Senior Challenge allows you to make a gift to that thing that you are passionate about.
2. Because you want to recognize someone at George Fox that has made a significant impact on you. The Senior Challenge allows you to make your gift in honor of someone that has impacted you during your time at George Fox. When you Participate just indicate the people that you would like to honor with your gift. They will be notified that you participated in recognition of their impact.
3. Because someone has given to you. Your tuition and fees don't cover the entire cost to educate you. The remaining portion comes from generous donors who include students, alumni, parents, and friends of George Fox.
4. Because we are called to use our resources to bless others and by joyful givers. In Scripture, God calls us to generously give of the resources that we have been given. As stewards of these resources, we are to use them to bless others. Giving not only provides for others "but is also overflowing in many expressions of thanks to God." 2 Corinthians 9:12
5. Because you want future students to have life-changing experiences at George Fox like you have had. Help others fall in love with George Fox, just like you did. Your gift helps make that happen.
6. Because a strong percentage of student/alumni giving improves George Fox’s rankings and makes your degree worth even more. This percentage is a key component of most college rankings, like U.S. News & World Report. Your gift helps raise the percentage, which helps raise GFU's rankings, which in turn makes your degree more valuable.