David Ming Liu
Office Hours: By appointment
Professor Liu brings nearly 20 years of international professional management, entrepreneurial and teaching experience to his position as an assistant professor of management in the College of Business’ MBA and DBA programs. He’s worked in senior managerial positions for two publicly listed companies in Hong Kong and Paris and traveled to more than 30 countries for business.
Prior to arriving at George Fox, he was the owner of a successful small and medium enterprise (SME) for nine years and taught English and business courses in China. David earned a doctorate of business administration with a concentration in strategic management from City University of Hong Kong and has an MBA in international management from Willamette University. He also holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration and economics from Western Oregon University. He is married to Sharrina and has four daughters: Christina, Gloria, Rebecca and Betty. The family lives in Newberg.
Professor Liu teaches:
- International Management
- Strategic Management
- Business Ethics
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) from City University of Hong Kong
- MBA from Willamette University
- BSB from Western Oregon University
- Mentoring international students
- M&A in Emerging Markets
- Globalization Strategy for companies from Emerging Markets
- Kluge, A., Halley, R., & Liu, D. (2011). "Looking Overseas in Search of New Tuition Dollars: Meeting the Needs of Chinese Business Students." 2011 Annual Conference of Region 7 of The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, Las Vegas, NV.