Professor of Business
Office Location: Hoover 135
Office Hours: By appointment.
Dirk Barram began working at George Fox University in 1986. Previously, he worked at Hewlett–Packard in Palo Alto, Calif., as a division training and development manager. At George Fox, Dirk has served in a number of administrative capacities, including vice president for Academic Affairs (1992-1998) and most recently as dean of the College of Business (2011-2014).
Dirk's passion is teaching, and you will find the classroom is where he is most at home. Dirk’s wife Nancy is a fourth-grade school teacher in the Newberg School District. They have a son, Jeff, and daughter Anna. Dirk strongly believes in George Fox as a Christ-centered institution, and is committed to a faith in God that informs not only his teaching but the manner in which he lives out his life.
Professor Barram Teaches:
- Business Strategy
- Organizational Behavior
- Senior Capstone
- PhD Michigan State University
- MEd Kent State University
- BA Gordon College
- Southlake Church member
- Board of Directors for PNE Corporation
- Business Consultant for various organizations
- Board of Directors for Tilikum Retreat Center
- Newberg Public Schools facilitator
- Chamber of Commerce of Newberg Leadership Development
- Why college students engage or do not engage in student leadership programs
- Teaching techniques and styles and effectiveness in the college classroom
- Keys to a great work environment
- Teaching business through story
- Article: (submitted) Gender and class standing and their impact on universities students’ decision to participate in leadership development activities.
- Presenter for Northwest Association of Financial Aid Administrators at Oregon State University
- Presenter for ELITE student leadership conference
- Presenter for Providence Newberg Hospital Management Conference