Chair/Director of MBA Programs
Office Location: Newberg Campus #138 and Portland Center
Office Hours: By appointment
Chris Meade serves as the chair and director of MBA programs and as an Assistant Professor of Management. Chris has been a faculty member at George Fox University since 2008. He is a speaker, author, professor, pastor, entrepreneur, musician, and life coach. He is the recipient of the George Fox Graduate Teacher of the Year award for 2011-2012.
Chris is the president of LeadershipAlive.com®, a nonprofit organization that helps inspire, coach and resource emerging leaders, teams, and organizations. He is an entrepreneur who has started three small businesses in three different sectors. Chris is the founder of Grace Chapel, an innovative, Christ-centered, multicultural church located in Boise, Idaho, where he served for 18 years as the senior pastor. As a motivational speaker, Chris’s most popular talks include subjects on leadership, personal growth, professional development, and spiritual formation.
Chris has been a life and leadership coach to a wide range of individuals and work-teams in small businesses, non-profits, churches, and various private sector companies for over 20 years. He has started three small businesses. Chris is the author of five books. He is a musician and songwriter. He and his wife, Mary, have composed over 60 songs, 40 of which are listed with CCLI and/or Word Music ® and can be found at WorshipAlive.com. Chris has been married to his wife, Mary for 27 years. They have three children: Luke, Megan, and Allison.
Professor Meade teaches:
- Transformational Leadership
- Strategic Thinking
- Ethical and Legal Responsibility
- Mission and Vision
- Community Learning and Consulting
- Personal and Professional Seminar
- Organizational Behavior and Leadership
- Christian Faith and Thought
- Research Methods
- PhD, Organizational Learning with a Leadership Concentration, University of Idaho
- MAOL, Organizational Leadership, George Fox University
- MM, Christian Ministry, Northwest Nazarene University
- BA, Management and Organizational Leadership, George Fox University
- Transformational Leadership
- Emerging Culture, Change
- Cultural Architecture, Team Building
- Personal and Professional Growth and Development
- Spiritual Formation and Human Motivation
- Meade, C. (2012). Financially Alive: Wealth Creation. Social Responsibility. Biblical Values, Boise, ID: LeadershipAlive. Inc. ISBN 978-0-9835660-0-7
- Meade, C. (2010). The New Testament Alive: The Gospels – Matthew. Mark. Luke. John. Boise, ID: Leadership Alive, Inc. ISBN: 0-9770110-1-8
- Meade, C. (2009). Christianity Alive: Faith. Love. Action. Boise, ID: Leadership Alive, Inc. ISBN: 13-978-0977011049
- Meade, C. (2008). Leadership Alive: Changing Leadership Practices within the Emerging 21st Century Culture. Boise, ID: Leadership Alive, Inc. ISBN: 978-0-9770110-5-6
- Meade, C. (2007). Catalytic Leadership: Core and Catalytic Leadership Competencies of Effective 21st Century Leaders. Boise, ID: Leadership Alive, Inc. ISBN: 0-9770110-0-3
Chris has designed and delivered over 1,000 presentations, seminars, workshops, sermons, and/or instructional talks to groups of people in a plethora of settings. A list of topics can be found at www.LeadershipAlive.com.