Assistant Professor of Accounting
Office Location: Hoover 131
Office Hours: By appointment only
Josh Sauerwein has been a part of George Fox University's School of Business since 2012. Before coming to George Fox, Josh was a faculty member at Bethel College in Mishawaka, Indiana for four years. Prior to teaching, he worked as a business valuation consultant, public accountant, controller and associate/executive pastor. Josh is currently in the final stages of completing his doctorate degree through Anderson University (IN). He received his undergraduate degrees in accounting and finance through Tabor College (KS) and his MBA from Emporia State University (KS). He currently holds a CPA license and has aspirations of obtaining his Accredited Business Valuation (ABV) certificate.
Josh lives in Newberg with his wife, Michelle, and three children, Kaiyen, Isaac, and Maycen. When he isn't teaching, researching, or visiting with students, he enjoys reading, fishing, hiking, camping and a good fall Saturday of smoking ribs and watching Kansas State University football.
Professor Sauerwein teaches:
- Principles of Accounting (Management and Financial)
- Intermediate Accounting (I, II, and III)
- Cost Management
- Corporate Taxation
- DBA from Anderson University (candidate)
- MBA from Emporia State University
- BA from Tabor College
- Pre-marital counseling for students
- Volunteer with Love, Inc.
- Accounting education and teaching pedagogy
- Behavioral accounting research (reporting)
- Ethics instruction in public accounting