Director of Business Relations
Office Location: Newberg Campus, Hoover 144
Office Hours: By appointment only
___________________________________________________________________________________________________Jeff VandenHoek is the Director of Business Relations and adjunct professor for George Fox College of Business (GFCOB). His work involves building corporate business collaboration and partnership relationships, building business relationships with GFCOB alumni, developing integrated, current business projects for undergraduate and graduate programs, and directing an internship program. All of his work intentionally blurs the lines between the business community and higher education learning.
VandenHoek was previously Program Director for the GFCOB Full-Time MBA program and Executive MBA program. Prior to joining the GFCOB in 2007, VandenHoek was the Program Director for Tilikum Center for Retreats and Outdoor ministries.
He has an extensive background with leadership development, corporate team-building/learning, conflict management, experiential teaching, emotional intelligence, personal/career coaching, and organizational development consulting. He has worked as an independent consultant for Intentionality, LLC, since January 2006.
Jeff also provides leadership for various team-learning exercises, including the MBA orientation program that invests a full day of experiential team (cohort) learning in an outdoor challenge course environment.
- MA, Azusa Pacific University
- BA, Christian Ministries and Psychology, George Fox University
- Leadership - the soul of the leaders and servant leadership
- Experiential team learning
- "A Prized Product: Pushing Business Education Closer to the World's need." CBFA National Conference, Langley, British Columbia. Halley, Ryan & Rahschulte, Tim & Sikkema, Seth & VandenHoek, Jeff. June 2012.
- "Addressing Today's Talent Gap: An Inductive Investigation into Balancing the Demand and Supply of 21st Century Workforce Talent." Advances in Business Research Symposium. Fort Smith, Arkansas. Halley, Ryan & Rahschulte, Tim & Sikkema, Seth & VandenHoek, Jeff. October 2012.
- “Same Three Letters…New Inputs, Yield New Processes.” ACBSP National Conference, Indianapolis, Indiana. Halley, Ryan & Rahschulte, Tim & VandenHoek, Jeff. June 2011.
- “Community Building and Group Dynamics” LEAD Student Development Course 491. George Fox University. Newberg, Oregon. August 2010.
- “Experiential Education: Learning through Doing” Children’s Gospel Club Master Teacher Training Sessions. India Gospel League. Salem, India. March 2009.
- “The American Dream” Liberal Arts: Critical Issues. Spring Lecture Series. George Fox University. Newberg, Oregon. March, 2009.
- “Creating Story with Purpose: The Journey of Authentic Leadership.” Business Leaders Northwest, Portland, OR. Miller, C., & VandenHoek, J. February 25-26, 2009.