Master of Business Administration — Full-Time Program
Master of Business Administration (Full-Time Program)
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program is designed to prepare practitioners in a variety of fields in both the profit and not-for-profit sectors. The program is intended for students who want to improve their management and leadership ability through intellectual, moral and creative growth. The program is situated squarely within the university's mission, believing that its Christian values, concern for integration, and commitment to quality speak to managers who desire training that is both theoretically sound and humanly meaningful. Managers have become increasingly aware of the importance of values, ethics, service and other spiritually significant elements that are part and parcel of George Fox University programs.
To enable students to:
- Integrate knowledge and decision making within the larger framework of the organization and social and cultural contexts
- Apply creativity, innovation and change
- Develop leadership and interpersonal skills
- Communicate in the functional areas of business
- Practice in organizational settings human virtues, such as integrity, humility, compassion and perseverance
- Increase capacity for conceptualization, strategic thinking and problem solving
- Develop the propensity to act on one's values and ethics as foundational to good management and leadership
To enable students to:
- Manage capably in a fast-paced world of demographic, cultural, global and technological change
Applicants seeking admission to the MBA program must hold a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university, with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the final two years (60 semester hours) of course work. In addition, applicants must complete the following to be considered for admission to the program:
- Master of business administration application and application fee
- One official transcript from each college/university attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- A writing sample/essay
- A resumé
- A group interview
Students must have completed the prerequisite courses in accounting, economics, statistics and marketing or management. Students whose GPA from the final two years of course work does not reflect their aptitude for graduate work may choose to submit a GMAT test score for consideration in the admission process. The department may consider applicants who show significant promise but do not specifically meet all of these criteria.
No transfer credit is allowed toward the MBA program. Transferability of credits earned at this institution and transferred to another is at the discretion of the receiving institution. Consult the registrar's office for information on eligibility of transfer credit.
All 42 hours required for the MBA program must be taken in resident study at George Fox University. Reinstatement to the program after withdrawal requires Admissions Committee action and may subject the student to additional requirements for the degree.
The Master of Business Administration full-time program is one year in length with 42 semester hours of course work required as a minimum for graduation. All program hours are in prescribed business courses.
Other Degree Requirements
Students are expected to maintain continuous enrollment in the program, remaining with their cohort throughout, so personal and work commitments should be planned accordingly. This program is structured on a cohort model where a group of students follow an integrated sequence of courses from beginning to end.
- Students must complete at least 42 semester hours of course work.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above is required in program coursework.
- A grade of C+ or above is acceptable completion of any course.
- Up to 6 credits with a C or C- grade is allowed.
- Any grade below C- is not acceptable and the class must be repeated.
|BUSG 503 Accounting and Financial Reporting||3|
|BUSG 507 Economics||3|
|BUSG 524 Marketing Management||3|
|BUSG 525 Global Environment||3|
|BUSG 527 Managerial Finance||3|
|BUSG 530 Creativity, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship||3|
|BUSG 534 Ethical and Legal Responsibilities||3|
|BUSG 544 Organizational Systems and Change||3|
|BUSG 546 Market Research||3|
|BUSG 551 Operations and Global Supply Chain Management||3|
|BUSG 553 Business Seminar I||3|
|BUSG 554 Business Seminar II||3|
|BUSG 556 Transformational Leadership||3|
|BUSG 560 Strategy||3|
Prerequisite track for International Students
This program is intended for those international students who have completed a Bachelor's degree, but whose business acumen needs strengthening. As part of the learning outcome goals, this one-year prerequisite track progam is intended to help international students gain a foundation in general business studies and equip them with adequate business knowledge needed for successful completion of the 42 credit FTMBA program.