Certificate for Partners In Ministry
Certificate for Partners in Ministry
The Certificate for Partners in Ministry is a non-degree program designed to benefit the spouses of seminary students.
To enable students to:
- Be equipped to be an effective partner in ministry
- Assist the spouse in his or her own self-development and spiritual growth
- Be acquainted with the expectations and stresses of ministry
To enable students to:
- Be an effective partner in ministry
Applicants seeking admission to the Certificate for Partners in Ministry program must be a spouse of a degree-seeking student. No bachelor's degree is required. In addition, applicants must complete the following to be considered for admission to the program:
- Certificate for Partners in Ministry application form and application fee
No transfer credit is allowed toward the Certificate for Partners in Ministry program from accredited graduate schools. Transferability of credits earned at this institution and transferred to another is at the discretion of the receiving institution. Consult the registrar's office for information on eligibility of transfer credit.
All 14 hours required for the Certificate for Partners in Ministry program must be taken in resident study at George Fox University. Reinstatement to the program after withdrawal requires Admissions Committee action and may subject the student to additional requirements for the degree.
Courses are subject to a space-available basis. Scholarships are available to participants, but limited to the courses required for the program. Courses are taken for credit and limited to one course per semester. Satisfactory completion of all courses is required for the certificate.
The Certificate for Partners in Ministry program is generally two to three years in length with 14 semester hours of course work required as a minimum for graduation. Of the total hours required for the certificate, 6 are in biblical and theological foundations, 1 spiritual formation hour, and 7 elective hours.
In order to complete the requirements for the Certificate for Partners in Ministry degree students must:
- Satisfactorily complete a minimum of 14 semester hours with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Achieve no grade lower than a B in all core courses. If a grade of a B- or lower is received in a designated course, that course must be retaken (for more specific information, please refer to the student handbook).
- Be recommended by the seminary faculty for completion of certificate from George Fox University.
Biblical and Theological Foundations Courses (6 hours)
|Students must select one of the following courses:|
|BIST 506 Old Testament I (Torah and Former Prophets)||3|
|BIST 508 New Testament I (Gospels and Acts)||3|
Spiritual Formation Course (1 hour)
|SFAD 510 Knowing Self, Knowing God||1|
Electives (7 hours)