Special Students-High School
High School Students
A High School Special Student program is available to qualified high school students. This permits study in undergraduate courses at George Fox University while a student completes a high school program. Enrollment is at the discretion of George Fox University.
- An applicant must have completed the sophomore year of high school.
- An applicant who graduated from high school more than six months ago is not eligible.
- Students must receive grades of C or better in George Fox classes to continue taking classes as a High School Special Student.
- Students pay a $40 registration fee each semester.
- Fall or Spring terms: Students pay $50/credit
- May term and Summer Online Sessions: Students pay traditional undergraduate tuition, which is 50 percent of the full traditional undergraduate tuition in fall and spring. See the Student Accounts page for the specific per credit rates.
- Additional fees may apply for students registered for 5 or more credits. See the Student Accounts page for more information.
- All registered students must complete Vehicle Registration through MyGFU, even if a vehicle will not be used on campus. For students who will be parking on campus, a $60 parking permit will be issued. Please contact Security Services for more information.
What do I need to know?
- Students are limited to one class per fall and spring semesters.
- Students are limited to one class in May Term in the summer semester.
- Students are limited to three classes in the Summer Online sessions during summer semester.
- A maximum of 12 credits can be accrued as a High School Special Student.
- A special student registration form must be completed each semester you intend to enroll. This form is due in the registrar's office before or during the first week of the add/drop period. List the class you would like to take, including the course section (example: ECON 201 C Principles of Microeconomics).
- Enrollment is allowed on a space-available basis only. Any course pre-requisites must be met in order to be registered for the requested class. Your registration will be processed on the first day of the semester.
- All courses require professor and department chair permission to enroll. The registrar's office will contact the department for you once your application has been received. (NOTE: Studio Art courses are not open for Special Student enrollment)
- Enrollment is at the discretion of the university.
- Regular admission is required to enter a degree/certificate program. Please contact the Office of Admissions for more information. Special student enrollment does not guarantee subsequent admission to any degree/certificate program. At the point of admission to a degree program, students will be required to pay the regular tuition rate.
- Employees of the university should refer to the Human Resources webpage for information on tuition remission requirements, deadlines, and applications.
Application Procedures for High School Special Student
- Search the Class Schedule to find a listing of available courses.
- Browse the Catalog for course descriptions.
- Download an application.
- Submit the application to the registrar's office.
- All courses require department permission to be registered. The registrar's office will contact the department for you once your application has been received.
- On the first day of class, the student should contact the registrar's office to determine if space is available for the course. If the space is available, the student will be admitted to the class and charged course and lab fees if applicable.