Common Career Paths
- International business executive
- Global business coordinator
- Export officer
- International purchasing manager
- Subsidiary branch manager
- Global marketing manager
- Global supply chain manager
- International operations manager
The world is fast becoming a global marketplace. Improved technology, communication and transportation have made cross-cultural trade more feasible. For those who major in global business, the door of opportunity is open to find employment in a wide variety of cultures and corporate settings.
George Fox’s bachelor’s degree in global business prepares graduates for the fast-emerging global economy. Our 60-semester-hour course of study will give you the tools to pursue work that is directly related to global commerce.
Students of our global business major are given the opportunity to complete part of their major classes through the International Business Institute program, a 10-week summer experience. They also complete an internship with a global business or company. The major’s curriculum includes courses in international trade, international finance, international management and global marketing.
Request information about the global business major at George Fox University or apply now to begin your education at Oregon's Christian university, ranked as one of the top Christian colleges in the nation by Forbes.
Now more than ever, businesses must have a global reach or risk falling behind the competition. American and European companies continue to expand globally and, increasingly, companies in rapidly developing countries such as India and China are also beginning global expansion. As a result, those with an understanding and the adaptability to work in the global environment will have promising career opportunities.
- Creative Director, Nike
- Finance Manager, Microsoft
- Staff Accountant, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Professor of Economics, Olivet Nazarene University
- Manager, Chase Bank
- Website Manager, Waggener Edstrom Worldwide
- Product Line Manager, ISI, Inc.
- Social Media Content Manager, Nike
- VP, Credit Administration, Bank of the Cascades
- Program Operations Manager, AECOM (Libya)
- University of Illinois
- Oregon State University
- Northern Illinois University
- Azusa Pacific University
- Paris School of Business
- City University London
- The Ohio State University
- Syracuse University
- Colorado State University
- Texas Tech University
- San Diego State University
- Study abroad through the International Business Institute Program
- Join a field trip to the U.S. Export Office
- Conduct research projects on doing business in other countries
- Listen to guest speakers with international experience
- Take part in School of Business cultural excursions
Points of Distinction
- Students will have the opportunity to study abroad through the International Business Institute Program.
- Students will be immersed in a multicultural learning environment.
- An integrated business curriculum creates well-rounded graduates by exposing students to multiple business functional areas.
- Small, student-focused classes allow for personal attention from professors.
- Students will be presented with a curriculum that is firmly rooted in business ethics.
Why George Fox?
- Christ-centered community
Our faith influences everything we do here, from the way our professors teach to the way we relate to one another and serve in the community.
- Global opportunities
Half of George Fox undergraduate students study abroad. That ranks in the top 60 out of 1,800 American colleges!
- National recognition
George Fox has been recognized as a top-tier university by publications like Forbes, U.S. News & World Report and Kiplinger’s Personal Finance.
- ACBSP accreditation
ACBSP is the premier accrediting association for business schools and programs with a focus on teaching excellence and what occurs in the classroom.
Global Business Student Experiences
“My GFU business education has given me the tools I need to go out and be equipped to work and have an impact in the world. I want to work in international missions from the business perspective, and attending George Fox has given me the skills I need to be successful. I am grateful for the experience as well as the education.”
- Shannon Olson (’12)
“George Fox University has definitely had a great impact on my life. The Business Capstone course was designed to give us the unique opportunity to work with a group of brilliant people to kick-start the best business project we could think of. My education fostered friendships, honed my skills and created many memories for which I am thankful.”
- Nu Pham (’12)