If you’re seeking a degree that prepares you to find technological solutions in today’s business environment, George Fox University's bachelor's degree in information systems is an ideal fit.
Students in our information systems major study the integration of information technology solutions and business processes to meet the needs of an organization, enabling them to effectively achieve their objectives. Information systems requires an understanding of both the technical and organizational factors that affect the creation and deployment of information technology solutions.
Our 49-semester-hour information systems course of study covers topics ranging from the principles of financial accounting and business ethics to web-based programming, client-server systems, software engineering and data communications and networks.
Request more information about the information systems major at George Fox University or schedule a visit to begin your education at Oregon's Christian university, ranked as one of the top Christian colleges in the nation by Forbes.
- Campus Virtual Tour
- Campus Life
- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Contact Us
- Prospective Students
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, computer and information technology occupations projected to grow by 22 percent through the year 2020. The bureau projects that demand for workers in these occupations will be driven by the continuing need for businesses, government agencies and other organizations to adopt and utilize the latest technologies. Workers in these occupations will be needed to develop software, increase cybersecurity and update existing network infrastructure.
- Analyst for Division of Legislative Finance, State of Alaska
- Software Engineer, Consonus Health
- Senior Support Engineer, Fiserv
- Senior Program Manager, Microsoft
- Electrical Engineering Technical Designer, Boeing
- Senior Software Engineer, GE
- Senior Software Engineer, Intel
- Software Developer, McAfee
- Software Engineering Manager, Mentor Graphics
- Senior Research Scientist, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Project Manager, Rentrak
- Software Engineer, Oracle
- Software Engineer, Axium
- Senior Products Analyst, Huron Consulting Group
- Informatics Research Scientist, DOW AgroSciences
- Component Design Engineer, Intel
- Security Analyst, Nike
- Manager of Language Modeling Research, Nuance Communication
- Programmer Analyst, Boeing
- Microsoft, Portland
- Intel, Hillsboro, Ore.
- NASA, Cleveland
- Oregon State University
- Washington State University
- Oregon Graduate Institute
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Boston University
- Portland State University
- Virginia Tech
“When I entered the computer science and information systems program at George Fox University, I had never written a single line of code. The GFU professors excelled at explaining the core concepts of software development in an easy to understand and digestible manner. Over the course of my four years in the program, I went from zero knowledge of software engineering to a feeling of confidence when I got my first job.”
- Aaron Schnieder ('00)
Points of Distinction
- Students will gain hands-on, practical experience.
- Small class sizes ensure that students receive individual attention and career mentoring.
- Students have the opportunity to compete in the ACM International Collegiate Programming Contest. In 2015, George Fox students claimed an Oregon site championship in both Division 1 and Division 2 of the competition, which included schools from all over the Pacific Northwest.
Why George Fox?
Our faith influences everything we do here, from the way our professors teach to the way we relate to one another and serve in the community.
Nearly half of George Fox undergraduate students study abroad. That ranks in the top 60 out of 1,800 American colleges!
Our 14-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio means you'll get to know your professors on a personal level.
George Fox University is a Christian university classified by U.S. News & World Report as a first-tier regional university, and Forbes ranks George Fox among the highest Christian colleges in the country.