You have a passion for music and want to pass that love along to the next generation. George Fox’s bachelor’s degree in music education is the ideal fit for you.
As a music education major, you will learn about music history, singing and ear training, music theory, conducting, and music technology. You will receive training in curriculum and instruction, elementary music methods, and middle level and high school music methods.
And, through our general education curriculum, you’ll take courses ranging from Bible and humanities to communication and natural science – all taught from a Christian worldview where faith is integrated with learning.
Upon completion of the 79-semester-hour course of study, you will be prepared to teach music education at the pre-K through grade 12 levels.
Request information about the music education major at George Fox University or apply now to begin your education at Oregon's Christian university, ranked as one of the top Christian colleges in the nation by Forbes.
What we offer:
- An education that prepares you to teach in public and private schools
- Mentoring from experienced education professors who care about you as an individual. Our low 13.6-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio allows for plenty of personal attention.
- A curriculum built on a broad foundation in Christian liberal arts education
- The chance to engage in student teaching opportunities
- Opportunities to perform in vocal and instrumental ensembles or theatrical productions
- National recognition: George Fox University is a Christian university classified by U.S. News & World Report as a first-tier regional university, and Forbes ranks George Fox among the highest Christian colleges in the country.
Our School of Education is nationally accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and also accredited by the Teacher Standards and Practices Commission, Oregon’s teacher accrediting body.