Be Known at one of America's top-ranked Christian colleges
Be Known: Academically
George Fox is ranked by Forbes among the top Christian colleges in America. We're also classified as a first-tier institution in U.S. News & World Report's "Best Regional Universities (West)" category. We offer more than 40 majors and 45 minors to help you fulfill your career goals. (If you are interested in our nine master’s degrees, three doctorate degrees, six seminary programs or adult-degree programs, we offer those, too.)
13.6:1 Student-Faculty Ratio
Small classes mean George Fox students get to know their professors
Be Known: Personally
At George Fox, you aren’t a number – you are valued as an individual. Our faculty members know you by name, value your uniqueness, and are willing to mentor you. Our 13.6-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio is one of the best among universities of all sizes on the West Coast.
Be Known: Spiritually
At George Fox, faith is a verb. We want to help you pursue your passion and calling. As your relationship with God grows deep and wide, so will your desire to engage the world – to do the work of Jesus. Through chapel, small group study, serve trips and everyday living on campus, you will have the opportunity to make your spiritual journey one of great adventure.
Our faculty includes Fulbright Scholars and published authors who’ve written about everything from psychology to science fiction. Most importantly, our professors are committed to the integration of faith and learning and to making Christ’s teachings relevant within all academic disciplines.
George Fox students graded our faculty in a 2012 CollegeProwler survey as the most caring professors in Oregon.
An enviable location
George Fox is located in Newberg, Ore., a friendly small town of 22,000 just a short drive from Portland, the Oregon beaches and the slopes of Mt. Hood. If you haven't visited our big, tree-shaded campus, we invite you to do so. To schedule a visit, call our visit coordinator at 800-765-4369, ext. 2249.
We also offer …
- A subsidized study-abroad program that has taken students to every continent but Antarctica. We rank among the top 50 out of 1,400 American colleges in study-abroad participation. Nearly one half of our undergraduates participate in an international experience.
- Opportunities to get involved in the lives of local and global neighbors through international and regional service trips and our annual all-campus Serve Day
- Student clubs in art, business, international affairs, missions and ministry, music, sociology/social work, theatre and more.
- The opportunity to compete in NCAA Division III athletics with eight men’s sports and nine women’s. We’re proud that our baseball and women’s basketball teams have both recently won national titles. We added intercollegiate football and women's lacrosse in 2014.
Ultimately, we are a school that teaches, not just by books but by example – a university that cares not only how much you learn, but also about what kind of person you will become.
Financial Aid: What We Offer
- Merit Scholarships: Automatically awarded to qualified admitted students based on academic performance, including SAT or ACT scores, class rank and GPA. These awards are granted upon admission into the university.
These scholarships are most accurate when GPA, high school rank and test scores are all entered.
- Competitive Scholarships: Students are invited to campus to compete for scholarships in their chosen major or for their accomplishments in leadership.
- Need-Based Grants: After filing the FAFSA, a student's eligibility is evaluated for grants from both George Fox University and the federal government.
- Work-Study: Students are able to earn money toward their educational expenses through work at an on-campus job.
- Student Loans: Students and parents can borrow money to make a George Fox education possible.