George Fox University:
America's top-ranked Christian college
Welcome transfer students! We're happy you're considering completing your undergraduate years at a Christian university that gives you personal attention and the resources of a national university.
George Fox is ranked by Forbes as one of the top 100 colleges in America and highest among the nation's Christian colleges. We're also the only Christian college in the Pacific Northwest included in the U.S. News & World Report list of "Best National Universities." We offer more than 40 majors and 45 minors to help you fulfill your career goals.
Helpful transfer information
- All liberal arts courses taken at an accredited college or university will transfer to George Fox University; vocational courses generally do not transfer
- Official transcripts are required for credit to be transferred. Unofficial transcripts will not be accepted.
- A maximum of 96 quarter or 64 semester hours will be accepted from community colleges.
- Only course work with a grade of "C-" or better will be accepted.
- Courses must be 100-level or higher.
- 100/200 level courses will not be accepted for 300/400 level courses.
- One quarter credit = 2/3 semester credit
For detailed information on our transfer policies and finances, consult our College Transfer Guide.
What a George Fox education offers
13:1 Faculty-Student Ratio: Small classes mean George Fox students get to know their professors
- Personal attention: At George Fox, you aren’t a number – you are valued as an individual. Our faculty members know you by name, value your uniqueness, and are willing to mentor you. Our 13-to-1 student-to-faculty ratio is one of the best among universities of all sizes on the West Coast.
- An enviable location: George Fox is located in Newberg, Ore., a friendly small town of 22,000 just a short drive from Portland, the Oregon beaches and the slopes of Mt. Hood. If you haven't visited our big, tree-shaded campus, we invite you to do so. To schedule a visit, call our visit coordinator at 800-765-4369, ext. 2249.
- A subsidized study-abroad program that has taken students to every continent but Antarctica. We rank among the top 25 out of 1,400 American colleges in study-abroad participation. About two-thirds of our undergraduates participate in an international experience.
- Opportunities to get involved in the lives of local and global neighbors through international and regional service trips and our annual all-campus Serve Day
- Student clubs in art, business, international affairs, missions and ministry, music, sociology/social work, theatre, and more.
- The opportunity to compete in NCAA Division III athletics with seven men’s sports and eight women’s. We’re proud that our baseball and women’s basketball teams have both recently won national titles.
Ultimately, we are a school that teaches, not just by books but by example – a university that cares not only how much you learn, but also about what kind of person you will become.
If you are interested in attending, George Fox is committed to making it possible. Our generous financial aid program provides 97 percent of our students with some combination of scholarships, loans and student employment. We rank among the top third in our national university category for serving lower-income students.
George Fox offers a generous academic scholarship program that rewards students who have demonstrated strong academic performance. National Merit semifinalists and finalists, National Hispanic Scholars, and National Achievement Scholars automatically receive a $15,000 scholarship from George Fox University.
Highly competitive national scholarships also are available for outstanding students in all fields, particularly those considering graduate studies.