Response to 12/11/12 Clackamas Town Center Shooting
Our hearts go out to those killed and injured in the Clackamas Town Center shooting. We are also inspired by the care and courage displayed by our first responders, mall employees and shoppers.
In the days ahead, many of us will be aware of our own thoughts, feelings and reactions to this event. And we will likely have a family member or friend who has been similarly impacted. These are logical responses to a horrific event. The handouts listed here offer practical ideas to help you and your loved ones offer simple and easy ways to take care of each other.
- Parent Guidelines for Helping Youth after the Recent Shooting
- Psychological Impact of the Recent Shooting
- Recommendations For Helping Children Cope With Crises
- Tips for Talking With and Helping Children and Youth Cope After a Disaster or Traumatic Event
- Taking care of yourself
- Tips for Parents on Media Coverage
For more assistance, you are welcome to contact the Institute by e-mail (email@example.com) or phone (503-554-6065)
With warm regards,
Anna A. Berardi, PhD
Director, Trauma Response Institute