Interested in making a difference in our schools?
Consider a career as a school psychologist. George Fox’s Educational Specialist in School Psychology (EdS) program prepares students to work in public and private schools, to test and assess students, and to analyze test results discerning need areas for children.
Our programs are rooted in the belief that school psychologists:
- Understand the physiological, psychological, relational, spiritual and educational needs of K-12 students
- Can articulate the core dynamics of school psychology in concert with sound theological principles
- Use appropriate individual and group testing and assessment tools in the areas of academic skills, learning aptitude, social skills, personality and emotional development
- Assist in strengthening the working relationships between educators, parents and community resources
We also offer:
- Initial School Psychology Licensure Preparation Program, designed for those who desire graduate study and preparation for the school counseling profession who already hold a master's or doctoral degree in a mental health field
- Continuing School Psychology Licensure Preparation Program, designed to meet the course work requirements for the Continuing School Psychology License
The EdS degree prepares students to sit for the Praxis II: School Psychologist specialization test.
What our program offers:
- Courses taught from a systemic perspective
- Opportunity to interact with students who are pursuing other mental health professions
- The combined expertise of the counseling, education and psychology departments
- An environment that encourages the integration of faith and learning
- Post-graduate certificates for additional employability and specialization
- Full time, accessible, widely trained faculty
- A convenient Portland Center location
- Evening and weekend course work for the working adult