Accredited Education Degrees in Oregon
George Fox University School of Education
George Fox’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) at the initial teacher preparation and advanced preparation levels. George Fox University is the only Christian college in Oregon to earn NCATE accreditation for its education programs.
The accreditation standards stipulate:
- An institution must have partnerships with PreK-12 schools that enable candidates to develop the skills necessary to help all students learn
- Candidates must be prepared to understand and work with diverse student populations, and the university’s faculty must model effective teaching practices.
- The institution must have the resources, including information technology tools, necessary to prepare candidates to meet new standards.
In addition, the university's school counseling program is accredited by the Council for Accreditation and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
All degree programs at George Fox University are accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. It is approved by the U.S. government and the states of Oregon and Idaho for the education of veterans, and by the U.S. attorney general for the admission of international students.
Oregon TSPC Accredition
The School of Education is also approved by the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC) for the preparation of early childhood and elementary teachers and PreK-12 music teachers at the undergraduate and graduate levels and for the preparation of middle and high school level teachers in specific fields at the graduate level. TSPC has also approved the School of Education for the preparation of principals, superintendents, and other administrators as well as school counselors and school psychologists.
Accredited School of Education Programs in Oregon
To help you plan, we've created a step-by-step guide to becoming an Oregon teacher.
Graduate Education Programs
- Doctor of Education (EdD)
- Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT)
- Master of Education (MEd)
- Administrative License programs
- Reading Endorsement
- ESOL/Bilingual Endorsement
Undergraduate Education Programs
Graduate Counseling Programs