Doctor of Education (EdD) Admissions
- Evidence of an approved, regionally accredited bachelor's and master’s degree in education or related field, with a GPA of at least 3.25 on a 4.0 scale
- Evidence of at least three years of relevant professional experience
- Completed application file (details below)
Important Dates and Application Deadlines
- Spring Start Application Deadline: October 1, 2016*
- Spring Start Interview Day: November 5, 2016
- Spring 2017 Start Date: January 9, 2017
- Summer Start Application Deadline: March 1, 2017*
- Summer Start Interview Day: April 8, 2017
- Summer 2017 Cohort Start: July 3, 2017
- Summer 2017 On-Campus Residency Dates: July 10-21, 2017
* Applications may be reviewed after the deadline on a space-available basis. Please contact your admissions counselor for more information.
How to Apply
To complete your application and be eligible for file review, complete the following steps:
- Apply Online
- Create an account with a username and password and complete the EdD application online. Submitting the online application will require a $40 nonrefundable application fee. The online application includes the following:
- General contact and demographic information
- Academic and professional background information
- Three reference form requests
- Five short-answer essay questions
Start Your Application
- Submit Required Forms
- Submit completed and signed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Submit Official (Unopened) Transcripts
- Submit an official transcript from every regionally accredited college or university where you completed even a single course. Transcripts should be mailed to:
Office of Admissions
George Fox University
12753 SW 68th Ave.
Portland, OR 97223
- Submit Academic Writing Sample
- Submit evidence of scholarly work to email@example.com. This may be a portion of a master’s thesis, graduate-level research paper, or scholarly publication (8-10 page maximum).
In place of previous academic writing or a master's thesis, you may choose to write a five-page research paper on a topic related to your current/future work. Essays should draw from your own experiences and use a minimum of three outside resources. Papers should follow APA formatting and include in-text citations.
- International Students
- Additional requirements for International Students
Once Your Application is Complete
All application items must be submitted by the application deadline. The Doctor of Education faculty will then review all completed files and selected applicants will be invited to an on-campus interview.
- If accepted, a $200 non-refundable enrollment deposit is required. More information about the enrollment deposit is available online here.
- Financial Aid: Many of the students in our program receive federal Stafford Loans to help finance their education. Visit Student Financial Services for information about financial aid and cost to attend.
- Application materials become the property of George Fox University and cannot be returned to the student or transferred to another institution.
- Meeting minimum entrance requirements of a given program does not guarantee admission.
Upon approval by the department, transfer of up to 6 credit hours beyond the Master's degree is allowed toward the EdD program from accredited graduate schools. Students choosing the Administration Concentration who have previously completed an administrative licensing program (Tier I/PreAL or Tier II/ProAL) may transfer in their credits/license as completion of their concentration and elective credits (18 credit hours). Students must have earned a grade of "B" or better for a course to be considered for transfer. All transfer courses must be post-masters from a regionally accredited institution. If students earned their administrative licensing credential at a state or licensing agency in place of an accredited university, transfer credit may be considered on a case-by-case basis and will need additional approval. Transfer credit will be evaluated by the faculty upon admission to the program.
For more information about admission to the Doctor of Education program, please contact: