MEd Admissions Requirements
A minimum of 3.0 GPA for the most recent 60 semester (90 quarter) hours taken. An explanation must accompany your admission materials if your GPA is below the 3.0 mark.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- A completed admission file as outlined below.
The following items need to be submitted before your file will be considered
- Master of Education (EDFL) application available (online or download)
- $40 non-refundable application fee.
- Character Questionnaire form.
- Ethical Educator form.
- Personal Essay - two to three pages in length. See Admissions Essay guidelines.
- Current professional résumé.
- Three professional reference forms. One reference should be from your current supervisor. Download the electronic reference form here.
- Copy of your current teaching or administrative license (both if applicable). Applicants desiring the MEd degree who do not have a teaching license should submit a letter of explanation as to how the MEd fits with their professional goals.
- One official transcript for every institution from which you were awarded a degree and any institutions from which you received graduate-level credit. An official transcript must be received in a signed, sealed envelope from the originating institution.