Educational Specialist Degree Program
Are you seeking to expand your role as a leader in your school or district? Consider enrolling in George Fox University's Educational Specialist (EdS) degree program.
What is the EdS?
The Educational Specialist degree equips teachers who want to extend themselves in teacher-leader roles, both formal and informal, and administrators who want to be successful servant-leaders who create collaborative learning organizations.
The program provides a range of endorsement and certification options and guides individuals as they apply their knowledge and skills to best serve the common good in their school or district.
The EdS is a terminal degree beyond the masters, but it is distinct from a doctorate. It is a practitioner’s degree emphasizing the application of research and the improvement of educational practices and outcomes.
Currently, there are two strands in the program: instructional leadership and administrative leadership. These strands are 32 credits, and as a degree program qualify students for federal financial assistance.
Who is this for?
- Instructional coaches and mentors in formal and informal leadership roles and those who aspire to these positions
- Committed classroom teachers who want to be leaders among their peers
- Teachers with a master’s degree who want to add an endorsement in a degree program
- Educators with an earned master’s degree who seek administrative preparation in a degree program but don’t feel the Doctor of Education is the right path for them
- Educators who want a program that will link their academic program with their day-to-day work
- Servant leaders who recognize that successful leadership demands more than a license
What we offer:
George Fox is one of only seven institutions in Oregon with national accreditation of its education programs.
- Cutting-edge curriculum that incorporates innovative classroom techniques and computer technologies
- Guidance and support from PhD-level educators
- A respected degree from a university ranked by Forbes as one of the top 20 Christian colleges in the nation
Want to become a licensed teacher? Check out our master of arts in teaching program that prepares PreK-12 teachers for public and private schools.
Need a bachelor’s degree in elementary education?
George Fox offers an evening degree-completion program for adults who want to earn a bachelor’s degree in elementary education.