Do you dream of becoming a teacher?
You’ve just taken the right first step.
George Fox’s Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program is designed for individuals who know they are called to be teachers. We offer initial licensure at all four levels of authorization — early childhood, elementary, middle school, and secondary.
The MAT program offers
- Faculty expertise: Learn from those who live the teaching life
- Extensive field experience: Teach in real classrooms
- Cohort model: Receive support through close community and teamwork
- Action research: Improve your ability to solve problems
- Technology: Keep pace with technological advances and receive an iPad mini as part of tuition
- Integrity and values: Think critically, tranform practice and promote justice
George Fox offers three MAT class formats:
- MAT full-time format (full time, 12 months/4 semesters), starting in June of each year, located on the university's Newberg, Ore., campus.
- MAT in Your Community format (part time, 16 months/4 semesters), starting in January each year, located in Portland and Redmond, Ore.
- MAT@Night format (part time, 20 months/5 semesters), starting in late August each year, located in Portland.
George Fox is one of only six institutions in Oregon with national accreditation of its education programs.
Already a licensed teacher?
George Fox offers online and summer courses for PreK-12 teachers.
- Initial teaching license in library media
- Master of education
- Administrator license
- Continuing administrator license
- Doctor of education
Need a bachelor’s degree in elementary education?
George Fox offers an evening degree-completion program for adults who want to earn a bachelor’s degree in elementary education.
Request more information using the form at right.
George Fox University is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and its teaching programs are approved by the Oregon Teacher Standards and Practices Commission (TSPC).