George Fox counseling degrees gain national accreditation
The accreditation of three George Fox University graduate counseling degree programs this summer further strengthened the school's academic credibility and brought to 10 the number of George Fox programs or schools accredited by a national body.
Recently, the university’s Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Master of Arts in School Counseling, and Master of Arts in Marriage, Couple and Family Counseling were each granted eight-year accreditation, the maximum length awarded by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs. All three programs are accredited through Oct. 31, 2020.
More about the three programs, housed in George Fox’s School of Education, is available at counseling.georgefox.edu.
George Fox programs with national accreditation include:
- Athletic training (Commission on Accreditation for Athletic Training Education)
- Undergraduate engineering (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology)
- Undergraduate music (National Association of Schools of Music)
- Undergraduate nursing (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education)
- Undergraduate social work (Council on Social Work Education)
- Doctor of psychology (American Psychological Association)
Schools with national accreditation include:
- School of Business (Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs)
- School of Education (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Educaton)
In addition, George Fox Evangelical Seminary is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada, and the university's Doctor of Physical Therapy program has been awareded candidacy by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education.