How to take action
Many people helped make our first Food Meet happen.
Many conversations have already started, and are continuing. Projects around food and eating are underway. Below are some contacts if you'd like to join in those conversations or help get them going.
Also, as a way of saying thank you to the many farmers and vendors who came out and who give to this community, let's connect with these local farmers and food producers. Below are some links that will help you make those connections.
Want to meet the earth?
A group of students is getting together to prepare and eat good food together, get outside and appreciate God's creation, be involved in things like getting solar panels on campus, start a compost program, and much more. If you'd like to get on an email list to find out what this group is doing, contact Matthew Getsinger.
Want to meet your groceries?
- Newberg Food Co-Op
Would you like to be on a planning team for the Food Co-op in Newberg? Any experience with that or with business, etc? Click on the link above and let Brendon Connelly know you might be interested.
- Nap's is a locally owned/operated grocery store who gives generously to this community
Want to meet your veggies?
- GFU Community Garden - Blog
Sign up now by emailing Cherice Bock or Corey Beals
- Community Supported Agriculture (CSA)
- Grow your own sprouts – Order some seeds to plant a small garden
Local, quality seed companies
Want to meet your meat?
Want to meet your cheese, honey, and truffle oil?
- Beroldingen Cheese
You must buy this direct – email@example.com
- Fair Trade Coffee (Honey) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oregon White Truffle Oil
Want to meet your local food preparers?
- Bon Appetit
- Coffee Cottage
- Painted Lady
- Burgerville (yes, it's fast food, but they use seasonal, local ingredients)
Want to meet some good ideas?
- Chapters Books
They have an amazing selection of books on sustainable eating
- Watch Food, Inc., a documentary
- Watch a recent interview with Michael Pollan on his latest book about food rules
Want to meet others that care about our food and land?:
- Friends of French Prairie
Trying to protect some of the most crucial farmland in our area
- Restoring Eden
- Food and Water Watch – get on their e-mail list
- Campus project – Compost project, Canyon project
Want to meet again?
For other ongoing opportunities, contact Corey Beals at email@example.com.
Until then...taste and see that the Lord is GOOD!