If the prospect of reading great books with a group of highly motivated peers under the guidance of a dedicated mentor appeals to you, we invite you to apply. Applicants will be evaluated on their academic merit, thirst for higher learning, and potential contribution to their cohort.
The application process is as follows:
Apply to George Fox
Applications can be found at apply.georgefox.edu. A completed application for admission to George Fox includes a personal statement, an official high school transcript, one letter of recommendation, and official SAT or ACT scores. Students who complete their application by November 15 are also eligible to compete for Scholarship Competition and should fill out the application for this event at georgefox.edu/scholarshipcompetition.
Apply to the Honors Program
Complete your application to the William Penn Honors Program by submitting the on-line application by one of the following appliction due dates:
- Priority Application Deadline – November 15
- Regular Decision Application Deadline – February 15 (on the basis of available space.)
Students who apply after February 15 will be considered at the discretion of the program director.
Writing sample: In order to help us gauge your writing style and whether or not you would be a good fit for the program, there are three essay questions included in the application. Please provide 300-400 word essays that answer the following questions. You may have someone proofread your essays, but we ask that you do all of the writing yourself.
- How have you been changed through your interaction with a work of art, piece of music or literature, or concept of math or science?
- St. Augustine once said, “Our character is usually judged not from what we know, but from what we love.” What is someone or something that you love and describe how that person or thing informs who you are?
- Tell us why you want to be a part of the William Penn Honors Program.
Upon review of your application, selected applicants will be invited to interview for the William Penn Honors Program. You will be contacted to schedule a skype or phone interview with the program director or a member of the selection committee.
If you submitted your William Penn Honors Program application prior to March 1, you will receive notification of the result of your application by the middle of April.
- Complete the Letter of Intent below to accept or decline your offer of admissions into the William Penn Honors Program.
- Submit the $300 Enrollment Deposit to the Admissions Office.