All students who are interested in the William Penn Honors Program are invited to apply.
Applicants will be evaluated on their academic merit, thirst for higher learning, and potential contribution to their cohort.
The application process is as follows:
Apply to George Fox
Applications can be found at apply.georgefox.edu. A completed application for admission to George Fox includes a personal statement, an official high school transcript, one letter of recommendation, and official SAT or ACT scores. Students who complete their application by November 15 are also eligible to compete for Scholarship Competition and should fill out the application for this event at georgefox.edu/scholarshipcompetition.
Apply to the Honors Program
Complete your application to the William Penn Honors Program by submitting the following application forms and writing sample by one of the three application deadlines:
- Priority Application Deadline – October 1
- Early Action Application Deadline – November 15
- Regular Decision Application Deadline – February 1
Students who apply after February 1 will be considered at the discretion of the program director.
Writing sample: In order to help us gauge your writing style and whether or not you would be a good fit for the program, please provide 300-400 word essays that answer the following questions. You may have someone proofread your essays, but we ask that you do all of the writing yourself.
- How have you been changed through your interaction with a work of art, piece of music or literature, or concept of math or science?
- St. Augustine once said, “Our character is usually judged not from what we know, but from what we love.” What is someone or something that you love and describe how that person or thing informs who you are?
- Tell us why you want to be a part of the William Penn Honors Program.
Send applications to:The William Penn Honors Program
George Fox University
414 N Meridian St. #6283
Newberg, OR 97132
Selected applicants will be invited to interview with the program director or a member of the selection committee. There are three on-campus interview dates:
- October 18 – Must have completed application for admission and honors program by October 1
- December 6 – Must have completed application for admission and honors program by November 15
- February 28 – Must have completed application for admission and honors program by February 1
Applicants will be notified of their selection results no later than April 1.
To confirm participation in the William Penn Honors Program, students will be required to submit a $300 enrollment deposit to George Fox no later than May 1.