What do I do if I get sick?
If you experience a life-threatening illness call 911 (or 9911 on campus). You may also call Security Services at 503-554-2090.
Non-emergency Medical HelpIn case of a medical problem that is not life-threatening please contact one of the following (in this order):
- Health and Counseling Center, extension 2340 or 503-554-2340 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Contact your resident assistant (RA) or assistant area coordinator (AAC). They have access to basic first adi and medical supplies.
- Contact your area coordinator (AC) who can help arrange urgent medical care.
- Contact an area coordinator or resident assistant for another living area.
- Contact International Student Services at 503-554-2643 (Alex Pia, Director of International Student Services) or 503-554-2649 (Dianna McIntyre, Associate Director of International Student Services).
If the George Fox University Health and Counseling Center is closed you may also go to an urgent care or immediate care facility in the area. Note: Check to make sure the doctor you are seeing is a preferred provider under the GF student medical insurance. Otherwise the cost to the student may be asmuch as 50% or more of the charges.
Newberg Urgent Care
M-F 9 am – 6:30 pm
Sat. 9 am – 5 pm
2880 Hayes Street
Newberg, OR 97132-1310
Sherwood Urgent Care and Medical Center (not a preferred provider. Use for late nights and Sundays)
21319 SW Sherwood Blvd.
Sherwood, Oregon 97140
Office: (503) 625-4100
Open Monday—Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sunday 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Providence Medical Group Sherwood Immediate Care
16770 SW Edy Rd., Suite 102
Sherwood, OR 97140
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Important note: Going to the hospital is very expensive. Going to the hospital should be for emergencies only.
Please let International Student Services know if you have a medical problem for which you need our assistance. We are here to help you.