Fall 2015 International Student Orientation
Welcome to George Fox University International Student and Scholar Services
We are excited to meet you
Fall 2015 Orientation begins Friday, August 21
Date to arrive at George Fox University
- Please plan to arrive at George Fox University August 19-20. Orientation begins Friday, August 21. If your arrival time is before August 19, please plan to stay in a local hotel. We will provide a host family for you to stay with as early as August 19.
- The orientation program will begin on August 21 in the International Center/Cultural House. Please bring your passport, immunization records, and money for opening a bank account. Please also be prepared to make your first semester’s payment to GFU.
- If you arrive early come to the office of International Student and Scholar Services. It is located in the International Center/Cultural House (#18 under campus facilities on the campus map).
- We will provide a host family for you to stay with during orientation. Undergraduate students will move into on-campus housing on Thursday, August 27. Graduate students will need to find their own permanent housing prior to this time.
Transportation from the airport to George Fox University
- We are able to provide airport pick up starting Wednesday, August 19. Please email Jennifer Farland (email@example.com) or Thomas Peng (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than August 5 with your travel plans. We will respond to your email by confirming your pick-up time.
- You may also hire a shuttle or taxi to drive you to George Fox University. There are several shuttle and taxi services you may contact to reserve transportation. Shuttles and Taxis from Portland Airport
The Office of International Student and Scholar Services is located in the International Center/Cultural House on the Newberg campus of George Fox University. Alex Pia, director of International Student and Scholar Services, may be reached at 503-554-2643. Joanna Cox, interim assistant director of International Student and Scholar Services, may be reached at 503-554-2649.