A Match Made in Toronto
Psy.D. students learn where home will be next year
Feb. 28 was the day 18 George Fox doctor of clinical psychology students discovered their future. They were among thousands of Psy.D. students nationwide assigned that day to one-year paid internship programs through the Match Program sponsored by the Association of Psychology Postdoctoral and Internship Centers. The internship year, along with a post-doctoral year, is required to become a licensed psychologist. During the fall, students visit, interview, and submit applications at organizations offering mental health care. By the end of the year, both internship programs and applicants submit ranked lists of their top choices to the Toronto-based organization. A matchmaking computer program does the rest. psyd.georgefox.edu
- Jeff Anderson, Linn County Mental Health, Albany, Ore.
- Susannah Bock, Cornerstone Behavioral Health, Evanston, Wyo.
- Noelle Carroll, Linn County Mental Health, Albany, Ore.
- Brett Copeland, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- Chris Corbett, Laurelwood Hospital, Beachwood, Ohio
- Chris Fisher, Atlantic Shores Healthcare/South Florida State Hospital, Pembroke Pines, Fla.
- Katie Fruhauff, Allendale Assoc./Bradley Counseling Ctr., Lake Villa, Ill.
- Mike Harmon, Oklahoma Health Consortium, Norman, Okla.
- Lee Kearns, VA Medical Center, Dayton, Ohio
- Ben Kessler, Kaiser Permanente – San Diego, Vista, Calif.
- Beth Kupko, Texas State University, San Marcos, Texas
- Greg Lonigan, VA Medical Center, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Joy Mauldin, Pacific University, Forest Grove, Ore.
- Michael O'Friel, Washington State University, Pullman, Wash.
- Angela Plowhead, Vanderbilt Univ./VA Medical Center, Nashville, Tenn.
- Donna Smith, The Wellness Project, Vancouver, Wash.
- Hans Weniger, VA Sierra Nevada Health Care Center, Reno, Nev.
- Joe Wood, Wilford Hall Medical Center/Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio, Texas
Downtown Newberg burst with color this
spring after the city lined Highway 99 West
with 40 seasonal banners.
A Match Made in Toronto
Feb. 28 was the day 18 George Fox doctor of clinical psychology students discovered
their future. Full story...
Extreme marketing makeover
A two-year marketing initiative at George Fox University is not only helping bring in record numbers
of student applications, but also is attracting record numbers of professional awards.
Boise Center moves and expands
When the new Boise Center opens in
midsummer, the university will nearly
double the space available to serve
The Bruin basketball teams rocked the
conference in 2004-05, earning the league’s
highest individual awards.
A life lived to the fullest
Pat Kibler loved life and treasured