George Fox University alumni are welcome to use the library! However, please be aware that licensing for many resources limits off-campus access to currently-enrolled students and employees.
Joining the library
Library cards are free for alumni.
There are three ways to get a card:
1) Bring in your student ID card
2) Fill out the Alumni Library Card Application
3) Fill out a community patron application at the Circulation Desk.
- Check out up to 10 books at a time from George Fox libraries. Note: mailing items is not a part of this privilege.
- Place books on Hold (click on the "Request" button in Primo, the library catalog)
- Renew materials up to two times (unless a Hold has been placed them)
Note: Standard loan periods and fines apply.
- JSTOR -- create a free account to get up to ten article downloads per year (register)
- Sage Publications: Premium Collection
- Access to library computers, printers, and scanners
- Use of the library databases (on campus only)
Note: Public-access computers at our libraries exist to serve the students, faculty, and staff of George Fox University. These primary patrons have priority and any guest (including alumni) will use the computers on a space-available basis.
Alumni privileges do not include:
- Off-campus access to databases (other than Sage Journals); this is due to licensing restrictions by the database providers
- Summit borrowing, Interlibrary Loan or mailing materials to a home address
- Checking out videos, DVD’s, juvenile books or reserve items