Self-Guided Tour Map
The writing/literature, languages, and communication arts offices are housed in Minthorn Hall. It also contains the International Student Center. Minthorn was remodeled and refurbished in 1962, 1989 and 1992.
- The only first-generation building left on campus
- Built in 1885 as an academy dormitory and gymnasium and was in use when future U.S. President Herbert, Hoover attended
- When the campus moved across town to the present site in 1892, Minthorn Hall was rolled on logs behind horses
- Listed on the National Register of Historic Places