Study Abroad Lithuania
George Fox University students may apply to study in Lithuania for one semester through a cooperative agreement with LCC International University in Klaipėda, Lithuania. Study Abroad Lithuania is designed for students in almost any major with course offerings in various disciplines. LCC is an international university with 600 students from over 20 countries, all courses are taught in English. Throughout the semester, students will have the opportunity to engage in the local community through internships and volunteerism as well as travel throughout the Baltics and Russia. Students live alongside other Eastern - European students in LCC student residences.
- Kristen Leichty (GFU Alumna '08) works as the senior recruiter for LCC study abroad, and visits the George Fox campus once a year to recruit students and re-connect with any semester off-campus alumni. While not visiting US campuses, Kristen works as an admissions counselor, processing applications and advising study abroad students. Read more about her work at LCC.
- View an example of a Study Abroad Lithuania Newsletter
LCC offers majors in Business, English, Psychology and Theology and minors in Sociology, and Conflict Studies. You will find a variety of classes in those subjects. However, all majors can apply to Study Abroad Lithuania. Due to the wide range of courses you can take – including general education and Bible coursework – our program works for almost all majors. Current course offerings can be found here.
- 15 semester hours (5 courses)
- housing shared room with 3 European roommates
- monthly stipend (cash) for food and entertainment
- orientation week travel throughout Lithuania
- weekend trip to Riga and Tallinn
- one week semester break trip to St. Petersburg and Moscow
- Lithuanian student visa
- use of textbooks from the LCC library (you don’t have to buy them)
The student will fill out two applications:
- George Fox off-campus application form (obtained from the Center for Global Studies; or downloaded here).
- LCC International University study abroad application (to be completed online here).
*The LCC application should only be completed after being informed from the George Fox Center for Global Studies that you are accepted for an off-campus study semester.
The student must obtain and fill out two applications: a George Fox off-campus application form (available at the Center for Global Studies) and an LCC International University application (available online). Upon receiving GFU approval, the student may complete the application to LCC.
Students must be full-time undergraduates with junior or senior status, holding a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher to apply.
Most students receive 15-17 semester hour credits (5 courses). Students have the opportunity to engage in the local community through internships and volunteerism. You will have all of your courses pre-approved, so you will know which requirements they will meet.
Study Abroad students are housed in the two LCC student residences. Karklu Hall, located in the city center, is minutes away from great restaurants and entertainment options. Neuman Hall, located on the LCC campus, opened Fall 2007. In both halls you will share a room with 3 Eastern European roommates, have your own bathroom and fridge, and a common kitchen on each floor.
The student pays George Fox's standard tuition and room and board rates and continues to receive the university's financial aid. Costs covered travel to and from Lithuania, your tuition, room, and board expenses. Students are responsible to obtain and pay for round-trip air travel to/from Lithuania. The university will then credit the student's account for the cost of the ticket.
For more information, contact:
Center for Global Studies
Stevens First Floor