Germany (AMBEX) Program
Situated in Regensburg, Germany, in the Bavarian region, the program emphasizes Reformation history, theology, and the German language. It is called the AMBEX program, short for American/Bavarian Exchange.
- Christian Worldview
- Reformation History
- Reformation Theology
- Culture and Humanities Seminar
- Electives: German language, People and Places of Europe, Art History, Modern German Literature, Dietrich Bonhoeffer/Martin Neimoller
- Group travel to Italy, Switzerland, France and Austria
- Individual and small group recreation, such as hiking, bicycling, skiing.
- Worship and service in local evangelical churches
- Opportunities to accompany local missionaries to Austria, Hungary, Romania
The student will fill out two applications:
- George Fox off-campus application form (obtained from the Center for Study Abroad; or downloaded here).
- AMBEX application (to be completed online here). An application fee must accompany your application.
*The AMBEX application should only be completed after being informed from the Director of Study Abroad that you are accepted for an off-campus study semester.
Students must be full-time undergraduates with junior or senior status, holding a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher to apply.
Students live in a dedicated section of a youth hostel, which has space for sleeping, meals, classes, internet access and laundry. There is convenient transportation within the city of Regensberg.
The student pays George Fox's standard tuition, room and board, and student fees and an additional fee for the AMBEX Program. Participants continue to receive financial aid, including scholarships, since they are officially George Fox students. Round trip airfare is additional.
For more information, contact:
Center for Study Abroad