Adjunct Instructor of Mandarin
George Fox University seeks an instructor for Mandarin courses for the 2015-16 academic year.
- Teaching one course per term of beginning Mandarin, with emphasis on oral proficiency.
- Master’s degree in Mandarin, English, TESOL or related field preferred. Applicants with a relevant bachelor’s degree plus experience teaching Mandarin will be considered.
- Native speaker or Superior level speaker per ACTFL required.
- Teaching experience required; experience with second-language learners preferred.
- Familiarity with ACTFL proficiency guidelines, ability to provide consistent and timely feedback to students required.
George Fox University, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Professors teach all truth as God's truth, integrating all fields of learning around the person and work of Jesus Christ, bringing the divine revelations through sense, reason, and intuition to the confirming test of Scripture. All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith. Individuals who would fit this profile are encouraged to apply for current openings in our faculty. George Fox University seeks to become a more racially and ethnically diverse community. We believe this goal, which is described in detail in our Diversity Statement, is in keeping with our mission as a Christ-centered community. We especially encourage applications from women and candidates in underrepresented groups.
Candidates should send a curriculum vitae and a complete faculty application to Dr. Debbie Berhό, Chair of the Department of World Languages, Sociology and Cultural Studies, George Fox University, 414 N. Meridian Street, #6283, Newberg, OR 97132 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.