Assistant Professor of Communication
OPENING DATE: 8/22/2016
START DATE: 8/15/2017
George Fox University announces a tenure-track faculty position in Communication, to begin in August 2017.
George Fox University, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Professors teach all truth as God's truth, integrating all fields of learning around the person and work of Jesus Christ, bringing the divine revelations through sense, reason, and intuition to the confirming test of Scripture. As a Christ-centered community, George Fox University is an institution that values diversity as an essential dimension of God’s design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching courses within the curriculum of the Department of Communication, Journalism & Cinematic Arts in areas such as Organization Communication, Public Relations, Strategic Communication, and/or Health Communication.
- Teaching Introduction to Communication and quantitative and qualitative research approaches in Introduction to Communication Research.
- Ability to develop and sustain an ongoing program of relevant scholarship.
- Participation in the work of the department and the university, including advising and serving on university committees as needed.
- Ph.D. in a relevant field required. Applicants who are A.B.D. in a Ph.D. program will be considered, but must have an earned the Ph.D. by the time of appointment.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching is essential.
- A commitment to working with a diverse population of students (including students of color, first-generation college students, international students, etc.) is essential; demonstrated experience in this area is preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in social scientific research is preferred.
- A record of relevant scholarship is essential.
- All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith.
Salary and Rank
Appointment at the Assistant Professor level is anticipated. Salary and benefits are competitive with comparable institutions.
Candidates should send a complete faculty application (including an integration of faith and learning essay), a curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy, and a concise description of research plans to Dr. Laura Hartley, Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, George Fox University, 414 N. Meridian Street, #6283, Newberg, OR 97132 or via email to email@example.com. Recommendations and other supporting materials may be requested at a later stage of the review process. Review of applications will begin October 1, 2016 and will continue until the position is filled.