Assistant or Associate Professor of Business
George Fox University announces a tenure-track faculty teaching position in the College of Business, with specializations in Entrepreneurship, Marketing or related fields, to begin in August 2015. A non-tenure‐track position is negotiable. The College of Business offers majors in eight categories: Accounting, Finance, Economics, Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Management, Global Business, and Business Administration. This position will focus on bringing leadership and energy to the undergraduate Entrepreneurship major. Our mission is to shape competent, confident, compassionate leaders who are ready to contribute to a better world. Our curriculum and faculty integrate academic excellence with practical business experience.
George Fox University, a Christ-‐centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith. Individuals who would fit this profile are encouraged to apply for this current faculty opening.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching courses primarily in Entrepreneurship and Marketing in both undergrad and graduate programs as well as courses in other relevant areas of business as needed.
- (For tenure-‐track) maintaining a breadth of scholarship, pursuing ongoing research, and sharing results with students, colleagues, and fellow specialists.
- Establishing strong collegial working relationships with the other business faculty.
- Mentoring and advising undergraduate Entrepreneurship and Marketing students.
- Participating in the mission of the Department, the College of Business and the University, including serving on university committees as needed, and building relationships with external business leaders and entrepreneurs.
- A Ph.D. or other doctoral degree in business, marketing, management or related field is preferred.
- Under exceptional circumstances, someone with an M.B.A. degree combined with substantial professional experiences and qualifications may be considered for this position.
- Strong record of professional business experience, business startups, and/or entrepreneurial ventures.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in and build scholarship/research agenda (for tenure track).
- Preference will be given to academically qualified candidates who also have a track record of success as entrepreneurs and/or business executives.
Salary and Rank
Appointment at the Assistant Professor level is anticipated, although candidates with appropriate academic and professional experience will be considered at the rank of Associate Professor. A tenure-‐track position is negotiable and will include research/scholarship and the completion of a doctorate. Salary and benefits are competitive with comparable institutions.
Candidates should send a complete faculty application, a curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy, a statement of commitment to the Christian faith and liberal arts education, a summary of recent teaching evaluations, and a concise description of research plans to Dr. Christopher Meade, Dean of the College of Business, George Fox University, 414 N. Meridian Street, #6283, Newberg, OR 97132 or via email to email@example.com. Recommendations and other supporting materials may be requested at a later stage of the review process. Review of applications will begin in April, 2015 and will continue until the position is filled. George Fox University seeks to become a more diverse community. We believe this goal is in keeping with our mission as a Christ-‐centered community, and so we especially encourage women candidates and candidates in underrepresented racial and ethnic groups.