Assistant Professor of Counseling/Clinic Director
George Fox University is seeking a Clinic Director for the department’s practicum and internship clinic, Individual & Family Matters. The department offers degrees in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Marriage, Couple and Family Counseling, School Counseling and School Psychology with a current enrollment of over 240 students.
JOB LOCATION: George Fox University’s Portland Center in Tigard, Oregon
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT
Salary for this position will be commensurate with education and professional experience. The contract begins May 1, 2016.
The applicant should be prepared to develop staff schedules and meetings, facilitate case review, develop and implement clinical protocols, supervise interns and maintain positive relationships with the Graduate Department of Counseling faculty and staff, the community, area counseling centers and the state licensing board. The applicant should also be prepared to teach in the areas of counseling, and supervise interns.
- Earned doctorate in Counselor Education and Supervision; CACREP accreditation preferred.
- Experience working with diverse students and faculty preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in teaching at the master’s degree level preferred.
- Evidence of systemic orientation as well as training and ability in supervision.
- A personal philosophy that is in agreement with and supportive of the goals and purposes of George Fox university.
- Licensable in Oregon as a LPC or LMFT.
- Minimum 7 years experience in mental health field.
- Minimum 5 years clinical supervision experience.
- Demonstrated administrative experience.
- Qualified to supervise MCFC and CMHC interns.
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor preferred.
- Evidence of Administrative Experience.
- A personal philosophy that is in agreement with and supportive of the goals and purposes of George Fox University and the Graduate Department of Counseling.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
George Fox University, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Professors teach all truth as God's truth, integrating all fields of learning around the person and work of Jesus Christ, bringing the divine revelations through sense, reason, and intuition to the confirming test of Scripture. All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith. Individuals who would fit this profile are encouraged to apply for current openings in our faculty.
To ensure full consideration, application materials should be received by March 15, 2016. The applicant should send a completed GFU faculty application (georgefox.edu/FacultyPosition.pdf), a cover letter that addresses all job qualifications, a detailed vita, a statement of teaching and supervision philosophy, evidence of skill as a teacher, graduate transcripts mailed by the institution(s), and three letters of recommendation to:
Dr. Scot Headley, Dean of the College of Education, George Fox University, 414 N. Meridian St., V124, Newberg, OR 97132, email@example.com
The university welcomes applicants from all backgrounds who can contribute to its educational and evangelical mission. George Fox is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, seeking applicants from underrepresented groups. Additional information is available at www.georgefox.edu.
This position is open until filled, pending university approval.