Director, Field Education, Masters of Social Work
George Fox University’s School of Social Work is seeking applications for the position of Director of Field Education, Masters of Social Work Program (MSW). This position is an 11-month, full-time, tenure-track position beginning August 2016. The MSW program is housed in the School of Social Work in the College of Behavioral and Health Sciences. The University, which has an accredited BSW program, the new MSW program is in candidacy with the Council on Social Work Education.
George Fox University, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Professors teach all truth as God's truth, integrating all fields of learning around the person and work of Jesus Christ, bringing the divine revelations through sense, reason, and intuition to the confirming test of Scripture. All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith. Individuals who would fit this profile are encouraged to apply for current openings in our faculty. George Fox University seeks to become a more racially and ethnically diverse community. We believe this goal, which is described in detail in our Diversity Statement, is in keeping with our mission as a Christ-centered community. We especially encourage applications from women and candidates in underrepresented groups.
- An MSW and an earned doctorate in social work or a related field is preferred;
- Two or more years of post-MSW social work practice experience;
- Experience in social work field education and field supervision in a CSWE-accredited program;
- Two years full time teaching in a university setting with at least one year served as Field Director is preferred;
- Teaching experience in the core courses for social work at both the BSW and MSW level;
- Eligibility for clinical social work licensure preferred;
- Physical ability to travel the area to investigate and supervise field practicum placements.
The MSW Director of Field Education will teach and engage in ongoing social work scholarship and service to the profession and community consistent with University expectations for tenure-track faculty. The Field Director, in collaboration with the Director of the School of Social Work, will:
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the MSW field education program;
- Participate in designing the MSW curriculum;
- Develop and implement field education policies and procedures;
- Forge partnerships with organizations to establish field internships;
- Work to connect the theoretical and conceptual contribution of the classroom with the practical world of the practice setting by training and maintaining relationships with field supervisors and field liaisons;
- Foster the implementation of evidence-informed practice by working collaboratively with other professionals in the community to solidify field placements;
- Screen and arrange for the placement of MSW students;
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff in the School of Social Work to accomplish the program’s mission, goals, and objectives.
Please submit the following:
- GFU Faculty Application
- Letter of interest and professional vitae
- Application, downloaded from the above web site, which includes a one page statement about your personal Christian faith
- Names and contact information for four (4) professional references whom the committee may contact
- Two syllabi
- Teaching evaluations for the last three years
Submit application materials to James D. Foster, PhD, Dean, College of Behavioral and Health Sciences, George Fox University, 414 N. Meridian St. #6091, Newberg, OR 97132 or via email to email@example.com
Review of applications will begin immediately and close when the position is filled. For more information about GFU, consult our web site, www.georgefox.edu. The University’s BSW program is fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.
George Fox University is an equal opportunity employer. Persons of color are especially encouraged to apply.