Visiting Assistant Professor of Business
George Fox University announces a 1-year visiting faculty position in Business to begin in August 2016.
The College of Business is the largest academic unit by enrollment in the university with approximately 400 undergraduate students, 200 MBA students, and 65 DBA students. Courses for the undergraduate business and economics programs, the full-time MBA program and the DBA program are offered on our main campus in Newberg, Oregon. Courses for the part-time MBA program are offered at our center in Portland (Tigard), Oregon. The College’s programs are accredited by ACBSP.
George Fox University, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Professors teach all truth as God's truth, integrating all fields of learning around the person and work of Jesus Christ. All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and be involved in a local faith community. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith. Individuals who would fit this profile are encouraged to apply.
George Fox University is committed to being a diverse community that reflects God’s kingdom. We believe this goal is in keeping with our mission as a Christ-centered community. We especially encourage applications from women and candidates in underrepresented groups.
- This is expected to be a .75 position.
- As a Christ centered institution, we seek faculty who are active Christians and have a desire to positively impact students’ lives through teaching, advising and fulfilling the GFU “Be Known” promise to students.
- Teaching responsibilities will be primarily at the undergraduate level, although may include graduate courses. Applicants should be qualified to teach courses across the undergraduate business curriculum including courses in the marketing, management, and introduction to business.
- The successful candidate will be expected to participate in the work of the College of Business and the university, including academic advising.
- Masters in Business or related discipline, Ph.D. preferred. All fields are encouraged to apply.
- Successful teaching experience and the ability to work with students of diverse backgrounds and learning styles.
SALARY and RANK
Appointment at the Assistant Professor level is anticipated. Salary and benefits are consistent with the University’s guidelines for visiting faculty.
Candidates should send a curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy, a statement of commitment to the Christian faith, and a complete faculty application to Dr. James Foster, Interim Dean of the College of Business, George Fox University, 414 N. Meridian Street, #6252, Newberg, OR 97132 or via email to email@example.com. Recommendations and other supporting materials may be requested at a later stage of the review process. Review of applications will begin immediately will continue until the position is filled.