Assistant Professor of Marketing
OPENING DATE: December 2016
START DATE: August 2017
George Fox University announces a tenure-track faculty position in Marketing, to begin in August 2017. The College of Business is the largest academic unit by enrollment in the university with approximately 350 undergraduate students, 150 MBA students, and 50 DBA students. Undergraduate and DBA courses are offered on our main campus in Newberg, Oregon. MBA courses are offered at our center in Portland (Tigard), Oregon. The College is accredited by ACBSP.
George Fox University, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Professors teach all truth as God's truth, integrating all fields of learning around the person and work of Jesus Christ, bringing the divine revelations through sense, reason, and intuition to the confirming test of Scripture. As a Christ-centered community, George Fox University is an institution that values diversity as an essential dimension of God’s design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Undergraduate teaching responsibilities involving delivering of courses in two or more areas: principles of marketing, consumer behavior, digital marketing, marketing communications, marketing research, and marketing strategy. Given proper experience, there is the opportunity to teach in the area of entrepreneurship.
- Graduate teaching responsibilities including marketing management at the MBA level.
- Opportunity to teach research, lead marketing seminars, and serve on dissertation committees for the DBA program that offers a concentration in marketing.
- Ability to develop and sustain a research agenda.
- Participation in the work of the College of Business and the university, including academic advising, serving on university committees as needed, and reaching out to the local business community.
- D.B.A. or Ph.D. in Marketing or related field in business required. Applicants who are ABD will be considered, but must have an earned doctoral degree by the time of appointment.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching is essential, including an ability to work with students of diverse backgrounds and learning styles to increase student retention and success.
- A record of relevant scholarship is preferred.
- Practical business experience is preferred.
- A commitment to working with a diverse population of students is essential; demonstrated experience in this area is preferred.
- All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith.
Salary and Rank
Appointment at the Assistant Professor level is anticipated, though candidates with significant teaching experience at previous institutions may be considered for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor. Salary and benefits are competitive with comparable institutions.
Candidates should send a complete faculty application (including an integration of faith and learning essay), a curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy, and a concise description of research plans to James Foster, Dean of the College of Business, George Fox University, 414 N. Meridian Street, #6127, Newberg, OR 97132 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Recommendations and other supporting materials may be requested at a later stage of the review process. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.