Assistant or Associate Professor of Nursing
George Fox University is seeking applications for a current full time (1.0 FTE, 9 month) tenure tract Nursing Faculty position to begin August 15, 2015.
Candidates must have a desire to work in a growing team environment, which integrates Christian faith and nursing. Candidates must have a personal commitment and lifestyle consistent with and supportive of the Quaker goals and purposes of George Fox University. Our faculty are committed to an evangelical Christian philosophy (see our web-site at georgefox.edu) and express their testimony in a local church. Believers who fit this profile are encouraged to apply
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, working with the School Director to:
▪ Develop and maintain professional working relationships with healthcare agency professionals and other campus educators.
▪ Establish and maintain a positive teaching environment.
▪ Teach theory and clinical nursing and healthcare courses.
▪ Participate in the work of the ongoing and innovative work of the School of Nursing.
▪ Engage in scholarship in such a way that one contributes to the advancement of nursing as a profession.
▪ Master of Science in Nursing is required; Doctorate in Nursing preferred.
▪ Current, unencumbered Oregon R.N. license.
▪ Minimum of five years practicing as an RN.
▪ Nursing education experience in a higher education institution.
▪ Excellent professional interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
▪ Commitment to maintaining consistently high professional standards.
▪ Must be able to work effectively within and embrace working with a growing, innovative team.
James D. Foster, Ph.D.
Dean, School of Behavioral and Health Sciences
George Fox University
414 N Meridian Street #6145
Newberg, OR 97132
Review of applications will begin immediately and close when all positions are filled.
George Fox University is an equal opportunity employer. Persons of color and women are especially encouraged to apply.