Public Services Librarian
George Fox University invites applications for the position of Public Services Librarian for its main campus library in Newberg, Oregon. The position carries faculty status and reports to the Dean of Libraries.
George Fox University, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Professors teach all truth as God's truth, integrating all fields of learning around the person and work of Jesus Christ, bringing the divine revelations through sense, reason, and intuition to the confirming test of Scripture. All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith. Individuals who would fit this profile are encouraged to apply for current openings in our faculty.
- Supervises and provides leadership for the public services department, which includes circulation, Summit Borrowing, and interlibrary loan.
- Directly supervises three staff positions.
- Collaborates with the University’s Portland Center library when and where necessary to provide or assign public service training and to support and implement system changes.
- Provides library instruction and develops content for discipline specific library guides in assigned areas.
- Participates in reference services.
- Serves as collection development liaison in assigned areas.
- Serves on university-wide committees as assigned and on consortium committees as needed.
- Participates in professional development.
- Other duties as required or as assigned in support of the library’s mission.
- ALA accredited M.L.S.
- Two years of professional library experience, preferably in a college or university setting.
- Strong service orientation, with management and interpersonal skills.
- Relevant experience in providing reference service.
- Familiarity with integrated library systems, automated interlibrary loan, and document delivery systems are highly desirable.
- Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the University’s mission as described on application and our web site.
Salary and Application Procedures: Salary and rank will be commensurate with experience. Anticipated start date is between May 1 and August 1, 2014.
TO APPLY: Submit a George Fox application, resume, and letter of interest to:
Dean of the Libraries,
George Fox University,
414 N. Meridian Street,
Newberg, OR 97132
or via email (preferred) to email@example.com.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
George Fox University seeks to become a more racially and ethnically diverse community. We believe this goal is in keeping with our mission as a Christ-centered community, and so we especially encourage women and candidates in underrepresented groups.