Multicultural Representative of Living Areas
Vice President of Multicultural Life's Committee
The Living Area Multicultural (LAM) reps will work directly alongside the VP of Multicultural to create,
develop, and promote ideas, activities, and events related to Multicultural Life at George Fox. They will have a
strong focus in informing and promoting the inclusion and participation of events related to Multicultural Life
to their respective Living Areas (COED, PCWB, HMS, HAN, HAW, or RAE).
Have the ability to lead, motivate and direct individuals, have strong analytical and communication skills, be
self-motivated and capable of attending to details. This individual must be creative, organized and detail-
oriented, and uphold and stand behind the Lifestyle Agreement. The individual must also live in one of the 6
beforementioned Living Areas on campus.
Applicants must be full-time students (minimum of 12 credit hours) in good academic standing with George
Fox University for the duration of the time they hold their position.
• Attend weekly Multicultural Life meetings led by the VP of Multicultural Life.
• Attend weekly Representative meetings led by the VP of Representation.
• Connect with residents in their respective Living Areas and listen to their concerns and needs
regarding cultural issues and Multicultural Life here at George Fox.
• Advocate for the needs and concerns of residents within their respective Living Areas at meetings.
• Inform residents of their Living Area about activities and events related to Multicultural Life and
persuade residents to be involved and participate in them.
• Be present in their Living Area for the residents within them.
• Assist with the creative idea processes that will take place in Multicultural Life meetings.
• Be available to help at all Multicultural Life related events and activities.
• Have scheduled office hours (1 hour per week minimum).
• Abide by all GFU community lifestyle standards as outlined in the Student Handbook.
10 hours per week (approximately, including minimum office hours). Needs to be flexible.
Inquire at the ASC offices for stipend information.